Monday, March 21, 2005

Sunset

Sometimes things occur to me that I know must have deep, relevant, spiritual truth hidden in them, but I don’t get very far past that acknowledgement. For example, I was recently driving west at about 5:30 pm and noticed that it was just the exact time of day for the inhabitants of my side of the road to be wearing sun glasses and those on the opposite side to have their headlights on. This is a strange phenomenon which I have never noticed before, and though it seemed significant to me, I haven’t fully come to understand why. If I can discover the meaning that is just beyond my grasp, it might be a useful analogy for a lesson one day. The best that I have so far is that for those of us in the Light, it is difficult to understand those who look for light elsewhere. If they would just turn around, they would see that it, or He, is there. The other truth involves the co-existence of two very different views of the world. Any thoughts out there?

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

What about all of the fools that always drive westward at 5:30 and always forget to keep some shades in the car? (not that I am speaking from personal experience here...ok, maybe a couple of times, but I head east to get home in the afternoons, so it really IS just a couple of times that I'm referring to)!

warmfuzzies said...

I think you are very insightful and keep the thoughts coming!