Friday, May 27, 2005

Moving On

I ended my job of almost three and a half years today. It sounds trite, but it was definitely "bittersweet." I am glad to be moving on to whatever it is that awaits. But, it is so difficult to leave behind unfinished work, that which you've poured yourself into, and those whom you love. I have learned so many things during my time there- lessons in the practical things and those life lessons that only experience can teach. I thought I wouldn't be sad, but as I was packing up my things, I was flooded with memories and reminded of just how much the place and the people meant to me. It's very hard to walk away from something like that- something that you made your own- and to walk into the unknown and the unfamiliar. Tonight, everything had significance... even the paper butterflies that wouldn't come down in one piece and the scriblings of different children. But the push-pin heart, I left. Though it saddened me to walk away from it, I couldn't take it with me, physically, and I decided it was time for someone else to enjoy it. I'll settle for leaving the mark.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am positive that the push pin heart is there because of a mark that you already left on someone's life. I know that you have impacted many people where you have been, even though they may not realize how much so. I know that whatever God has for you next, it will be a place where you will continue to impact people. You cannot help it, you impact people wherever you go- and we are better people for having been impacted by you...