Monday, September 12, 2005

What's New

Seeing as how I have been employed for almost a month now, I suppose "Vocational Purgatory" isn't exactly accurate anymore. However, I do still feel that way, in a sense, because I'm not, nor do I desire to be, settled here. I am working at the Solicitor's Office in Spartanburg County which provokes remarks about exactly what I am soliciting. For you non-South Carolinians, it's the District Attorney's office. Basically, I work with the folks who prosecute criminals. It is interesting to read police reports and watch the news unfold, but aside from that, it's not too exciting for me. I suppose I can settle for the fact that in some small way, I am helping ensure the safety of my community.
So, I am working. And though I have settled for "working to eat," aside from a brief conversation at church yesterday, I haven't heard a single thing from the resumes and emails I sent out over a month ago. However, I will soon be teaching a couple of voice classes which should get my foot in the proverbial door, and I was recently approached by the Boys and Girls Club for the purpose of teaching drama and/or a choir. That one would be volunteer, but it's something. Aside from those things, I am co-leading an 8th grade girls discipleship group, teaching 5th grade children's choir, singing at a senior adult luncheon, playing the flute in the orchestra for "State Fair," and choreographing and performing with a local drama troupe. So, I'm a tent maker, but I'm doing what I love and what I was born to do. For now, I'll take it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, I've got you bookmarked along with my kids, so keep writing. Someone is reading and enjoying.
Bill