Monday, September 17, 2012

Thoughts From a Month Ago

This is the first of those previously-written-but-not-posted entries I spoke of in the last blog...

Typing is easier than writing.  We have become a computer driven society and I think I'm getting lazy.  So there have been times when I've wanted to journal but I've been too lazy to sit down with the book and get a hand cramp.  Also, I don't mind making some things public, but since we are still keeping the adoption out of the public eye, I can't blog about what I think about, what's happening, and how it all makes me feel.  I wish I had done this sooner- type out entries to save and post later.  But I'm starting now.

Aug. 17, 2012
Though we thought we'd have about three months between turning in paperwork and starting the homestudy process, in reality, we had about one month and it will be completed within THIS month.  This is exciting and frightening all at the same time.  Because, by September, the waiting-for-a-phone-call phase begins.  I've heard the term "paper pregnancy" and I'm starting to understand what that means.  What I hadn't counted on, was the hormonal-like emotions!  Maybe some of the emotions during pregnancy that get blamed on hormones are really just the reality hitting that your life is about to change forever.  My mind is being pulled in more directions than usual and at times I feel like I'm on the edge of a minor breakdown. 

No comments: