Tuesday, March 14, 2006

A Wedding Story - Episode 1

I don't know if I will continue with the above title, but I needed something for now and I couldn't think of anything better. The wedding is 7 months from today which sounds a whole lot shorter than the original "a little less than 10 months." I mean, ten months is almost a year; seven months is approaching half a year. Maybe you don't agree, but it feels like a big difference.
As it is the seven month mark, Steven and my mom conspired against me and decided that today is my deadline for ordering a wedding dress (this being the biggest priority for this time frame as the dress can take a while to come in and be altered, etc.). Mind you, I ignored them almost completely in an act of defiance. However, I did go shopping again this weekend and have come to three favorites. So, I am getting closer.
I have already started having wedding nightmares. Ok, so maybe "nightmare" is too strong a word. I don't wake up in a cold sweat or anything. But there is a definite sense of panic. It's usually about major things being left undone. The funny thing is, they don't take place at the wedding, but at or around the time of the rehearsal. I would have to consult my fiance, the dream interpreter, but I suppose that means I am stressed about the preparation, but not the actual event. If I am right, then I suppose that's good. However, seven months is long when you think of it as seven months of stress. So, I resolve to try not think of it that way (is something really a resolve if you're just "trying" to do it? Oh well). I will think of it as seven more months of pre-wedding excitement. Yeah, that's better.

1 comment:

edhigg said...

Congratulations. Hope you're not TOO stressed! Hope you have fun!